Author Topic: Convention Announcements  (Read 45078 times)

Richard

• Gatecon Co-organiser
  • Forum Administrator
  • General of the Airforce
  • Absolutely Everybodys' favourite convention!
    • View Profile
    • Gatecon
Re: Convention Announcements
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2015, 01:06:28 PM »
Our thoughts exactly. No one likes small print, especially on Sunday!
Absolutely Everybody’s at Gatecon

Atlantia

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2015, 10:45:56 PM »
Our thoughts exactly. No one likes small print, especially on Sunday!

Or 12am Monday morning! If you have another con, can you put the ticket sales on a Saturday please, then I can get a sleep in Sunday morning? ☺
The brightest light is invisible, it shines through your deeds and warms the Universe.

iluvevery1likeu

• Airman
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2015, 04:15:40 PM »
When will tickets be on sale for all the extra events?
Thanks
Sarah

Richard

• Gatecon Co-organiser
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gatecon
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2015, 07:23:10 PM »
Hi Sarah,
We will be announcing the add-on prices within the next two weeks but won't be launching sales until the New Year to let folks concentrate on the Christmas expenses.

The following users thanked this post: schulzmk, Brenda, Red, Marta_227, nonnie88

schulzmk

• Chief Master Sgt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2015, 01:54:17 PM »
Thank you for your consideration Richard.  It will give us a moment to pay down the credit card before loading it back up again.  I expect we will be able to pay using paypal again?

The following users thanked this post: nonnie88

Richard

• Gatecon Co-organiser
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gatecon
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2015, 07:42:39 PM »
The Homecoming Writing Competition, in association with Fandemonium Books, is now up and running.
For your chance to see your work in print head on over to the Writing Competiton thread

The following users thanked this post: Marta_227, nonnie88

RogueRanger

• Airman
  • "Ascesnion is so overrated Daniel" - Cate
    • View Profile
    • Lost Worlds Sci-Fi and Fantasy Forum
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2015, 04:39:21 PM »
sadly my story is both too short and too OC focused for that :)

RogueRanger

• Airman
  • "Ascesnion is so overrated Daniel" - Cate
    • View Profile
    • Lost Worlds Sci-Fi and Fantasy Forum
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2015, 04:40:27 PM »
upcoming appearances for 2016. Alas, not many are coming down under  :-\

http://stargateactorappearances.blogspot.com.au/

Fryn

• Captain
  • Gatecon Co-organiser
    • View Profile
    • Gatecon
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2016, 10:32:49 AM »
We have just received the following statements from the agent of Michael Shanks and Amanda Tapping...

Michael Shanks must regretfully cancel his appearance at Gatecon in September due to filming in Toronto. He wishes all the best to Richard and the Gatecon family.

and

Due to a previous contractual obligation for a cancelled tour in Australia, Amanda Tapping cannot attend Gatecon in September. Ms. Tapping regrets the inconvenience to the promoter and her fans, but unfortunately, this prior commitment could not be worked out for any other dates in 2016. She wishes Richard a successful event and looks forward to participating another time.

We are as disappointed as you all but are determined not to let this lessen the enjoyment of The Homecoming, and will be actively seeking replacement guests to fill the gap.

The following users thanked this post: Atlantia, Kay818

Kay818

• Airman
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2016, 01:20:57 PM »
Thank you for letting us know.  While their presence will be sorely missed  :-\, I am still THRILLED to have the chance to meet everyone who will be there!   ;) ;D 

The following users thanked this post: Richard, Barbara

Atlantia

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2016, 04:42:44 AM »
Always a shame when that happens. Irony is, Amanda will be in Australia when I have flown to Vancouver to see her! 🔙🔛🔜🔚 Doh!!! 😂
The brightest light is invisible, it shines through your deeds and warms the Universe.

DarkCity

• Airman
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2016, 10:12:33 PM »
Maybe we can ask Louis Gossett Jr.  He would be great.
The Truth Is Out There.

Richard

• Gatecon Co-organiser
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gatecon
A Message from Richard Dean Anderson...
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2016, 04:45:34 AM »
We have received a really great message from Richard Dean Anderson that he has asked us to pass on to you.

We are also pleased to announce that every Homecoming attendee will now be getting yet another unique extra goodie as thanks for supporting the event. Richard and Capt Paul Watson have very kindly agreed to individually sign a Welcome to the Homecoming card that you will find in your welcome pack at registration.

Meanwhile, here is the message from Richard:

"Well, it's that time of the decade again! Time to gather, once again.....time to gather together to renew acquaintances old and new.

From my end of things, I can safely say I'll be doing both! With that in mind, a dear friend, wisely suggested that perhaps it would be a timely gesture to repeat our last gathering of loyal friends, fans and family in Vancouver for an event that was unflatteringly titled: 'Meet the Man'.
Therefore, my invitation goes out to any (and all) of you who can remember that last gathering, and would like to repeat the opportunity to join me and my very special guests at the upcoming 'Homecoming' event.

The message I bring is slathered with goodness, heavily primed with anticipation....ultimately I am thoroughly loving the thought of our coming 'party'. I want to make sure everyone knows that you are ALL invited to share in the festivities and celebrate the cause that has become an integral part of my socio-political life. This is about awareness, if nothing else. We want people to educate themselves to what Sea Shepherd does and to get involved in any way they can. Whether it’s donating money, buying merchandise, attending events or mouthing off to your politicians to do something about marine life conservation.

I'm hoping, as well, to find the opportunity to thank EVERYONE for their attendance, involvement, generosity, and ultimately the relationships you have all established with Sea Shepherd, Captain Paul Watson , Paul Brown and myself....by simply coming to The 'Homecoming' being organised by Gatecon and Legends in Vancouver, Canada, September 8th-12th, 2016.

Come and see what all the commotion is about...please do. I'm going, I already have my ticket!!

Richard"

The following users thanked this post: Atlantia, Red, kimberli.2020

Richard

• Gatecon Co-organiser
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gatecon
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2016, 05:26:39 PM »
A very special message just received from Richard Dean Anderson, encouraging anyone who has not yet got their ticket to The Homecoming to do so

The following users thanked this post: Barbara

Richard

• Gatecon Co-organiser
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gatecon
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2016, 10:20:00 AM »
Do you have a ticket to the Homecoming Banquet?
If so how do you fancy bidding on one of six seats to sit at the Top Table with Richard Dean Anderson?

Starting tonight and every night this week (at 8pm BST) we will be releasing one seat at the table. By staggering the auctions across the week that gives everyone the best opportunity to place bids.

Each auction will run for seven days so you have plenty of time to get in on the bidding action. 

Don't forget you must already have a ticket to the banquet in order to take part. You can still buy a ticket and start bidding before the auctions end. Any bids from non-ticket holders will be void.

Winners must complete payment by Paypal within 24 hours of auction end or we may re-list the seat.
There will be one last seat made available through a free draw performed at the opening ceremony.

Only the winning bidders can sit at the Top Table - seats are non-transferable.

You can head over to GATECON AUCTIONS and set up your account now if you like, although the first auction will not be visible until the start time.

IMPORTANT: the auctions are NOT linked to the Member's Area, and you will need to set up a new user name and password to take part. You do not need to supply your address but please include your Seat Number in the address field.