Author Topic: FLIGHTS  (Read 13346 times)

Fryn

• Captain
  • Gatecon Co-organiser
    • View Profile
    • Gatecon
FLIGHTS
« on: November 24, 2015, 11:34:59 AM »
FLIGHTS... If you haven't booked your flight for Vancouver yet, I am currently working on a 10% discount with a company. i should have a code within a few days for anyone interested!

The following users thanked this post: Highlander II, Atlantia, Deekay, Red, Rincewind, nonnie88, paisleypilot, ivorygates

nonnie88

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: FLIGHTS
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 07:32:51 AM »
FLIGHTS... If you haven't booked your flight for Vancouver yet, I am currently working on a 10% discount with a company. i should have a code within a few days for anyone interested!

DEFINITELY INTERESTED!!
😊😊😊

The following users thanked this post: Red

Fryn

• Captain
  • Gatecon Co-organiser
    • View Profile
    • Gatecon
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 07:34:26 AM »
FLIGHT CODES!

I now have the discount codes for WestJet and their discounted flights to Vancouver.

To quote WestJet directly:

Re: Gatecon

Dear Kathryn,

Thank you for choosing WestJet for your travel needs. We are happy to confirm your discount codes for the upcoming Gatecon- The Homecoming being held from September 8 – 12, 2016. WestJet is pleased to offer you a 10% discount on applicable fares by utilizing promo code YVR02 and coupon code BGQ4NWS with our simple online booking process. The discount is valid across WestJet’s extensive network for flights in to and out of Vancouver, British Columbia.

· The 10% discount applies to all of our fare products, Econo, Flex and Plus on our entire flight network.

· The percentage-based discount is applied to the base fare only. Taxes, fees and charges are extra.

· The discount applies to the following travel period: begins September 1, 2016 and ends September 19, 2016.

· The following blackout dates apply to your meeting/convention: September 1 – 2, 5 – 6, 2016. Flights during these dates will be offered at our best available fare

· The discount only applies to flights marketed and operated wholly by WestJet, and is not applicable when travelling with our code-share, interline or other airline partners.

· This promo code is not valid in conjunction with any other discount. WestJet’s fare rules and conditions apply.

· The promo code is intended for use by meeting and conference attendees and organizers and is not meant for distribution to any outside third parties or unauthorized channels.

This is a list of the airports they fly in and out of: http://www.westjet.com/vacations/en/super-regions/super-region.shtml

Please note: For UK bookings you will need to email WestJet direct to get the discounted fare as it doesn't work via their website. You will also need to phone through payment but its all very easy and straightforward!

The email to use is Conventions@westjet.com and the contact name is Melanie Campeau. Please contact Melanie if you have any queries, questions or problems as I will be unable to help with that sort of thing. Toll free telephone no,  1 888-493-7853 (works from the UK as well). If your flight/s fall outside of the offered dates it would still be worth emailing Melanie and asking for the discount as she might say yes!

Go to www.westjet.com to make your booking (or use the email addy/toll free number if you are in the UK)

The following users thanked this post: Sam, Kay818

Fryn

• Captain
  • Gatecon Co-organiser
    • View Profile
    • Gatecon
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 08:37:01 AM »
To book reservations using this discount code, please advise your delegates and attendees to visit www.westjet.com; travel agents may visit www.westjet.com/agentweblink to book. Please note the following information for booking your flight online:

· Both the promo code and coupon code must be entered at the time of booking – on the first step of a reservation using the Book a flight widget on westjet.com.
Payment and complimentary flights

· Payment must be made in full at the time of booking using the WestJet RBC MasterCard®, American Express®, MasterCard®, Visa® or Visa Debit®. Guests who would like to pay with WestJet dollars are required to log in to www.westjet.com/redeem-awards with their WestJet ID and password in order to use their WestJet dollars.

· Travel Bank payments cannot be made in conjunction with the use of a promo code, via www.westjet.com

· If you would like to use Travel Bank as your form of payment, please contact us at 1 844-213-5230

· Taxes, fees and surcharges are subject to change. Those in effect at the time of ticketing will be applicable.

· WestJet offers one complimentary ticket for every 50 round trip tickets purchased using the discount code. Please contact us after your event to confirm eligibility. Details of use for the free ticket will be outlined in your reward letter.

Changes and cancellation

· Change or cancel your reservation within 24 hours of original booking at no charge, including name changes.

· Further changes and cancellations are accepted up to two hours before flight time. Depending on the fare class booked, fees, applicable taxes, surcharges and difference in fare may apply for each guest cancelling or making changes.

· View our service fees page for information on fees associated with changing or cancelling flights ://www.westjet.com/.../basics/fares/service-fees.shtml.

· The discounts, the meetings and conventions travel services, these terms and conditions, WestJet's fares, schedules and policies, and any and all equipment used in connection with the provision of the meetings and conventions travel services may be changed or terminated by WestJet at any time and for any reason, in each case without notice or liability. WestJet may terminate or reduce flights to any event city at any time and for any reason without notice or liability.

· All checked, excess, oversized and/or overweight baggage and equipment charges apply. Certain aircraft limitations may apply.

We are available to assist your delegates with questions or concerns. Please call us at 1-844-213-5230, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (MST), Monday to Friday.

WestJet Airlines

Group Sales
conventions@westjet.com

The following users thanked this post: Sam

gatetraveler

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 05:03:15 PM »
I've plugged in the codes for Westjet flying out of my airport to Vancouver, and noticed that certain flights aren't discounted when teamed with American Airlines or Westjet morning flights via Calgary to Vancouver. :(

Richard

• Gatecon Co-organiser
  • Forum Administrator
  • General of the Airforce
  • Absolutely Everybodys' favourite convention!
    • View Profile
    • Gatecon
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 05:08:39 PM »
It mentions something in their info above about only applying to flights wholly operated by Westjet
Absolutely Everybody’s at Gatecon

Fryn

• Captain
  • Gatecon Co-organiser
    • View Profile
    • Gatecon
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 04:30:12 AM »
Important info for people travelling into Canada:

Most travelers need a valid entry document such as an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a visa to visit Canada. This will depend on your citizenship or your situation.

Determine your eligibility – What you need to visit Canada as a tourist

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-who.asp

Shipwreck

• Chief Master Sgt.
    • View Profile
    • Texas Gun Forum
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 10:11:43 AM »
Ok, it looks like US citizens are exempt from the visa and medical documentation requirement.

gatetraveler

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 04:53:16 PM »
I have a regular passport.

And to clarify my earlier post, the Westjet flight, originating from my airport and stops in Calgary then goes on to Vancouver, is not discounted. I don't know why Westjet doesn't discount "before noon" flights for this group code.

Richard

• Gatecon Co-organiser
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gatecon
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2016, 12:51:36 PM »
There's a link to this three posts above

A.R.

• Staff Sgt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2016, 02:11:08 PM »
Oops, didn't see *blind* :)

Richard

• Gatecon Co-organiser
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gatecon
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2016, 02:39:44 PM »
 ;D

tarnecki

• Airman
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2017, 04:26:18 AM »
will you pick up the thread soon? would be good to know any good deals from UK

Fryn

• Captain
  • Gatecon Co-organiser
    • View Profile
    • Gatecon
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2017, 05:38:27 AM »
Already spoken to Westjet who tell me we will get a discount code... just I can't apply for another couple of months so bea with me

tarnecki

• Airman
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2017, 06:29:41 AM »
Awesome!  8) ;)