Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
New Events in the UK / Re: Preferred venue
« Last post by Sam on March 15, 2017, 07:06:02 PM »
Birmingham is central so it would be more accessible for people if they wanted to go to Scotland, Ireland and/or London.  Also that is literally on my doorstep.

These cons are so good that 'we'd' go to either London or Birmingham though. :)
The Invasion 2018 / Re: Gatecon in 2017 - delaying The Invasion until next year
« Last post by Highlander II on February 26, 2017, 02:47:08 PM »
Now that GC is certain that #GC2018 invasion will happen

Does this mean that GC owners will run over the success of the

Convention in 2020 in Vancouver  ... ?

So will GC runners / organizers do this ?

People do you think they should .........  ?

I'm not sure what you're asking here...
« Last post by philarch on February 25, 2017, 04:42:28 PM »
Now that GC is certain that #GC2018 invasion will happen

Does this mean that GC owners will run over the success of the

Convention in 2020 in Vancouver  ... ?

So will GC runners / organizers do this ?

People do you think they should .........  ?
Latest News / Urgent post for people in Vancouver
« Last post by Fryn on February 22, 2017, 09:40:55 AM »

Urgent question for anyone in Vancouver. We have to store he staging from 2015 as well as 4 printers etc so that we can use it all again next year. Does anyone have any storage facilities or garage space for some or all of the items? Or does anyone know of a cheap storage place? Thanks!
The Invasion 2018 / Re: Invasion Updates
« Last post by Hummingbird on February 14, 2017, 05:02:01 PM »
Any news?
Gategoers at The Homecoming / Re: Use the forum and earn a promotion!
« Last post by draaknor on January 30, 2017, 04:26:57 PM »
Base Commander Dra'aknor here - I was SG-5's Communication Officer (3IC) when Ryan's site 'gated away for the last time so many years ago - a tremendous loss to the planet-wide Stargate community. It brought many of us together for friendships that are still lasting!!!

I used to be  a member here a while back, but it seems that my account was lost so I have to start all over again. Now I'm just a lowly airman...

I now serve as CO of the SPF faction on Ausgate.

Everyone starts off as an Airman when they join the forum, but the more you post the more your rank increases!

Now we don't allow spam posting just to get a better rank so any naughtiness like that will be deleted, but here is a run down of the ranks available and the post counts needed:

Airman  0   
Staff Sgt.   25   
Chief Master Sgt.  50
Second Lieutenant  100
First Lieutenant   150
Captain  200
Major  250
Colonel  300
Brigadier General  400
Major General  500
Lieutenant General  600
General of the Airforce  1000

and in honour of Ryan Peters' Stargate site where many of us first came together

Base Commander  5000
« Last post by Sovereign on January 23, 2017, 08:28:25 AM »
Thanks for the heads up ^^

It personally means I'll go to Vancouver more  :P  8) 8). Was already starting to plan for a summer 2017 Vangroovy holiday that could've included Gatecon, but now I'll do both 2017 and '18. Can *never* spend enough time in BC anyway, I'm hooked to that area.

Thank you all the same, and see you all then (I'll volunteer again, is 2 years prior too early to apply ? xD) *teases* :P

Right. Talk to you later, then and looking forward hearing more news about this as the whole thing unfolds  ;D ;)
« Last post by philarch on January 23, 2017, 02:01:44 AM »
Brilliant I'm now seriously considering this as a alternative to #AT10 in April 2018 .. So who knows I could be joining you all again.. 😊

From philip
New Events in the UK / Re: Guests we would like to meet
« Last post by Highlander II on January 22, 2017, 08:35:29 PM »
That is an impressive list. 

Richard... where's my plane ticket? XD
New Events in the UK / Re: Guests we would like to meet
« Last post by Sovereign on January 21, 2017, 03:50:29 PM »
LET THERE BE NAMES !!

Absolute two ? As I already mentioned, Robert Carlyle. And Tom Ellis (BBC's Miranda, Merlin, Fox's Lucifer, ...) IMDB, but I am unsure whether the latter is based in the UK or not since he works primarily off L.A. or Vancouver these days. I would also relish the opportunity to meet with Stephanie Leonidas (Defiance, ..) IMDB again, she was splendid and very approachable at the signing event I met her at previously.

Anyone from the crew or production team for these tv shows would be really nice, we had a production designer for Sherlock come at an event I previously attended and I absolutely loved all the insights into the making of the show they offered. Sorry I can't offer specific names, though :(  Except maybe Arwell Wyn Jones for Sherlock, he was amazing :)
Sherlock, Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, Outlander, The Fall.

I'd like to meet any television writer show, too, if only to get more insight into the creative process for their job. Paul Cornell, James Moran. Or in a more general sense, Tony Lee (comics writer, screenwriter, audio playwright, and novelist, he worked on Doctor Who comics projects)

I'd one day love to meet Murray Gold, the composer for all Doctor Who (newWho) soundtracks and themes, but I am unsure as to whether he would ever consider events.
As far as "general" writers go, Neil Gaiman is my ultimate wish  ;D

Mark Gatiss was lovely when I saw him, and seems to love to talk about his job (Sherlock / Doctor Who), so, who knows ;) Actually meeting him (saw him at a panel, so no real interaction, shame :( ) would be lovely.

More so, working off from the "never gonna happen, but wish it upon a star" to the "potentially, who knows, could be" list, indiscriminately, here is a name of British actors I would dearly pay money for to meet, have autos, and/or pictures. But meet any of those would be lovely.

Hayley Atwell (Captain America, Marvel's Agent Carter, Conviction, ..) IMDB
Jenna Coleman (Doctor Who, Victoria, Captain America: The First Avenger, ...) IMDB
Dominic Cooper (Captain America: TFA, Preacher, Need for Speed, Marvel's Agent Carter, ...) IMDB
Gareth David-Lloyd (Torchwood, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Warehouse 13, ...) IMDB
Arthur Darvill (Doctor Who, Broadchurch, Doctor Faustus, DC's Legends of Tomorrow, ...) IMDB
Natalie Dormer (Elementary, The Hunger Games movies, Game of Thrones, ...) IMDB
Chiwetel Ejiofor (Doctor Strange, Serenity, 12 years a slave, ...) IMDB
Luke Evans (The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug / The Battle of Five Armies, Fast and Furious 6, Beauty & The Beast, ...) IMDB
Tom Felton (Harry Potter series, DC's The Flash, A Message from the King, Logan, ...) IMDB
Martin Freeman (The Hobbit, Sherlock, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, ...) IMDB
Burn Gorman (Torchwood, Game of Thrones, The Dark Knight Rises, Pacific Rim, ...) IMDB
Anthony Head (Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Doctor Who, BBC's Merlin, Cabin Pressure, Warehouse 13, ...) IMDB
Lena Headey (Game of Thrones, The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, ...) IMDB
Felicity Jones (Inferno, Star Wars: Rogue One, The Amazing Spiderman 2, The Theory of Everything, ...) IMDB
Matthew Lewis (Harry Potter series, Bluestone 42, Me before You, ...) IMDB
Harry Lloyd (Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, ...) IMDB
Jonny Lee Miller (Elementary, Hackers, Trainspotting, Mindhunters, ...) IMDB
Tom Mison (Sleepy Hollow, ...) IMDB
Gary Oldman (The Fifth Element, Harry Potter series, Batman Begins, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, ...) IMDB
Simon Pegg (new Star Trek movies, Hot Fuzz, Chronicles of Narnia, Doctor Who, ...) IMDB
John Rhys-Davies (The Lord of the Rings, Sliders, Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade, The Shannara Chronicles, ...) IMDB

There goes for me  8)
#SovereignsGeneralWishlist
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10