Poll

what month would you want GC2017 to happen ?

may
1 (2.3%)
june
3 (6.8%)
july
6 (13.6%)
august
17 (38.6%)
sept
17 (38.6%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: April 13, 2017, 06:05:24 AM

Author Topic: Gatecon  (Read 8553 times)

philarch

• Airman
    • View Profile
Gatecon
« on: September 25, 2016, 06:05:24 AM »
this may help GC management somehow, however actors have the final say. we will see..

The following users thanked this post: Red

Highlander II

• Kraken
  • Colonel
  • There can be only one!
    • View Profile
    • Highlander II's Medium-sized Kingdom
Re: Gatecon
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 01:01:46 PM »
It will probably be in September.  Pretty much the only guarantee is that it will *not* be US Labor Day weekend, b/c that's the weekend of Dragon*Con every year and no one wants to compete with that behemoth. XD

Fryn

• First Lieutenant
  • Gatecon Co-organiser
    • View Profile
    • Gatecon
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 01:53:52 PM »
It will probably be in September.  Pretty much the only guarantee is that it will *not* be US Labor Day weekend, b/c that's the weekend of Dragon*Con every year and no one wants to compete with that behemoth. XD

Also don't want to clash with Oz Comicon - if we want to stand a hope of having AT with us!

Highlander II

• Kraken
  • Colonel
  • There can be only one!
    • View Profile
    • Highlander II's Medium-sized Kingdom
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 04:25:40 PM »

Also don't want to clash with Oz Comicon - if we want to stand a hope of having AT with us!

So many other cons to contend with!

schulzmk

• Chief Master Sgt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 01:32:02 PM »
In the US, the end of the Government fiscal year is September 30th.  For those working in any jobs dealing with contracts and $$$, it can be difficult escaping during the month of September, or even late August.  Having said that, I'm sure the response will be overwhelming no matter when you are able to schedule.  Fryn, Richard, Allan and company:  I have nothing but confidence in your organizational decisions.

Hummingbird

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 04:11:29 PM »
and SDCC in July for a poll question

Dr. Carson Beckett

• Staff Sgt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 04:16:04 PM »
I am thinking early to mid-August (which used to be the home for the Creation Stargate con in Chicago) would also be a potentially good time, especially when it comes to guests like Michael Shanks who may not be able to make the Gatecon weekend due to filming commitments. In the end, though, if Richard Dean Anderson, Michael Shanks and Amanda Tapping were billed for the con, I don't think it would matter too much if the timeframe was juggled enough to accommodate schedules.

Claudia

• Airman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2016, 05:34:44 AM »
I normally have days off work in August, but most likely September would be easier for Richard Dean Anderson to go, so also september is good.
I just hope it will be after the 10th of each month.

William14

• Airman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2016, 05:44:09 AM »
Hi there.
August or September would be fine. However for reasons of taking my son out of school, it would be easier to have it in August which is during his Summer school Holidays. We would both love to attend the next convention. Gatecon was tremendously enjoyable. Mark & William...

William14

• Airman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2016, 05:58:15 AM »
Also, if it was in August we could spend more time there. Any more time than 5 days away from school leads to a fine.
William.

KC

• Airman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2016, 09:37:11 PM »
I went for the last 3 months listed simply because that will give more time to save up for the trip, get a passport, and otherwise plan it all out.

Deb

• Airman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2016, 05:58:09 AM »
For me  this is too close to the Homecoming.  I'd need more time to save up to come to Canada again in less than 12 months.  Please reconsider and make it 2018?