Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Invasion 2018 / Re: Gatecon Ticket Types & Prices 2018
« Last post by tarnecki on Today at 05:36:09 AM »
wowzers :D awesome!  8)
Gategoers at The Invasion / Re: Meet-a-Gater
« Last post by xjennersonx on Today at 02:38:00 AM »
Hi everyone! I'm still Jen, 34, in Seattle! I had such a blast at Gatecon last year and I cannot wait for next year! It's going to be so much fun and I can't wait to see everyone again. The guest list is looking fantastic!
Our Guest List / Re: Guest Chat
« Last post by Richard on August 15, 2017, 07:05:33 PM »
I see that Sabine Bauer is going to be there again. I love the books and wonder if any of the other Stargate authors will be coming - like Melissa Scott and Jo Graham, Geonn Cannon, Sally Malcolm?

A general invite has been sent so fingers crossed
Our Guest List / Re: Guest Chat
« Last post by admaggies on August 15, 2017, 06:55:56 PM »
I see that Sabine Bauer is going to be there again. I love the books and wonder if any of the other Stargate authors will be coming - like Melissa Scott and Jo Graham, Geonn Cannon, Sally Malcolm?
« Last post by AndreaKoeln on August 15, 2017, 04:25:16 PM »
Since I will be trying to lead a group of 50 high school students through Toronto on the 26th, I have asked a friend to get a ticket for me. I have already set up a new account.

Now, since I want to go for a pricier ticket and planned on doing the payment plan: When my friend orders my ticket, will she also have to pay for it? Can she order my ticket and I can pay you with a payment plan?

I doubt this is logistically possible, but just for clarification. If it is not possible, do you know anyone who is interested in buying a healthy kidney? :-)

Our Guest List / Re: The Guest-List for The Invasion 2018
« Last post by Richard on August 15, 2017, 03:24:46 PM »
Gatecon is thrilled to announce the latest guest to join the line-up for The Invasion 2018 in Vancouver.

Joining the world's largest and longest-running gathering of cast and crew from the Stargate franchise is Amanda Tapping

Amanda Tapping enjoys a fulfilling career in television and film, having spent 12 seasons on Stargate: SG-1 and it’s spinoffs Stargate: Atlantis and Stargate: Universe as Air Force Colonel Samantha Carter.  She then took on the lead role of Dr. Helen Magnus on the television series Sanctuary; a project she had been nurturing from its inception on the internet. 

Tapping has come to secure a strong and direct influence on her projects from behind the lens.  She was an Executive Producer of Sanctuary and also sat in the director’s chair for several episodes.  She previously directed an episode of Stargate: SG-1 ("Resurrection") in 2004, which garnered her a Leo Award nomination for Best Director. 

This year she directed three episodes of Primeval: New World and an episode of Arctic Air.  Tapping has also earned four Leo Awards for Best Actress, has been nominated for two Gemini Awards and four Saturn Awards and won the 2005 Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress.  Amanda’s love of comedy lead her to co-found the all female Canadian comedy troupe, Random Acts. Her work in the short film Breakdown earned her the Canadian Comedy Award in 2007.  She recently completed work on four films, Space Milkshake, Random Acts of Romance, Taken Back and Kid Cannabis.  She is currently playing the character of Naomi on the hit TV series Supernatural.
She continues to advocate mentorship and improvement in the arts world through a number of professional organizations including WIFT-V and their “Flash Forward” program.

She was honoured with Women in Film’s “Woman of Vision” award.  She also received the YWCA Women of Distinction “Connecting the Community” Award

Tapping has had the pleasure of supporting various charities and organizations such as The Coast Foundation, a support agency for people with mental disabilities, The Canadian Cancer Society, UNICEF and V-Day by performing in “The Vagina Monologues” to help end violence against women and girls worldwide.  She also sits on the leadership council for The Waterkeeper Alliance.  Amanda, who is a strong advocate for the often unheard “little voices,” launched the charitable foundation “Sanctuary for Kids” in 2009 to support both local and global children’s charities helping children in crisis. 

She was recently awarded The Jules Verne Award for her humanitarian work.
Gategoers at The Homecoming / Re: Meet-A-Gater
« Last post by Fryn on August 15, 2017, 06:35:14 AM »
Trying to reach someone with an email that starts with Paisleytoo... if that's you please get in touch as I can't reply to your email (bounces back!)
« Last post by schulzmk on August 14, 2017, 01:50:43 PM »
So I'm assuming I'd transfer US$ to Brittish Pounds?

We have a US bank account that can receive online payments in USD,  we will be listing the account details on the website
If you are able to pay bills online you should be able to pay into our account.  The bank account will only accept US Dollars.
Ian,  Will the bank info be posted or linked on the ticket ordering site so we know at that time where to send our Electronic payment?
« Last post by funtimes on August 14, 2017, 11:58:09 AM »
My focus is to get a ticket.....discount or no discount. ;)
« Last post by IanR on August 14, 2017, 11:21:27 AM »
So I'm assuming I'd transfer US$ to Brittish Pounds?

We have a US bank account that can receive online payments in USD,  we will be listing the account details on the website
If you are able to pay bills online you should be able to pay into our account.  The bank account will only accept US Dollars.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10