Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Invasion 2018 / Re: Press Room - articles and publicity
« Last post by Richard on November 18, 2017, 10:42:37 AM »
Amanda Tapping

Looking forward to seeing you all at #GateconTheInvasion2018 in Vancouver Sept 2018
The Invasion 2018 / Win Carter's T-shirt!
« Last post by Richard on November 16, 2017, 08:31:02 AM »

Another great reason to grab a ticket to The Invasion...

One very lucky ticket-holder to Gatecon The Invasion will win this screen-used black t-shirt, worn by Amanda Tapping during the Season 1 episode The Nox and complete with staff weapon blast damage. Amanda has signed the t-shirt.

The winning ticket will be drawn at the event and is open to everyone who has a fully-paid ticket (Platinum, Gold, Silver or Copper) purchased between the ticket launch day and the convention (or when we sell-out of tickets).

Many thanks to Claire Cowan for kindly donating this item.
Gategoers at The Invasion / Re: Pre-convention get-together (unofficial)
« Last post by Atlantia on November 16, 2017, 06:52:54 AM »
Atlantia, you can remove me from the dinner list.

Sorry you won’t be able to make it. 😕
The Invasion 2018 / Re: Gatecon Ticket Types & Prices 2018
« Last post by Richard on November 14, 2017, 04:14:21 PM »
Gategoers at The Invasion / Re: Pre-convention get-together (unofficial)
« Last post by Gatespin2018 on November 10, 2017, 03:22:58 PM »
Atlantia, you can remove me from the dinner list.
Gategoers at The Invasion / Re: Meet-a-Gater
« Last post by Atlantia on November 07, 2017, 05:56:41 AM »
Hello!
My name is Denise, I'm 22 years old and live in Austria. I just discovered the world of Stargate not long ago. Actually started to watch it after I have seen Sanctuary and fell in love with Amanda Tapping  ;D So since I was too late for AT10 in the UK to meet Amanda - I found out about Gatecon and I thought "Yeah, why not?" So here I am, bought the gold ticket and travel alone to Canada since none of my friends have the time or the money. Actually I'm freaking scared to travel alone, but I want to do this so badly for myself, meet my idol and of course to meet other fans like me! I will stay 11 days, plan a trip to Vancouver Island before the Con and after the Con I'll be in Vancouver Downtown  - that's the plan yet. So if anyone is there alone too - let me know haha I could need a companion there :D It will be my first con ever and I'm excited to meet you all!
Big hugs
Denise <3
PS: If somone has Twitter - you can also contact me there under the name: Moonlight1012  ;)

Hi Denise,
Welcome to the group. A lot of us travel alone then meet up when we get to Vancouver. You are going to love it! I have dinner on the go for Wednesday night. You are most welcome to join us. There is a thread about it somewhere on this forum. Also as we get closer to the date there will be lots of events to go somewhere or do something. Keep your eyes peeled.
More to come. 😃

Hi Atlantia!
Thank you for the welcome! :) I read about your dinner after I wrote this post here. It sounds good to me, but I'm not sure I would make it this day since I plan to stay in Vancouver Island for 3 days and return back to Richmond on Wednesday - at least that's how I plan it :) But I read Richard will maybe arrange something about a tour at the filmset on Thursday. If so - I hope to join there then. And yes, will keep my eyes open! ;)

No worries. You will know where to find us when you get ther! 😄 Buchart Gardens and the Butterfly house are on Vancouver Island. Although I spent half a day at Buchart and still could have seen more. Get your walking shoes 👞 on. 🤗
« Last post by Denise1012 on November 04, 2017, 02:55:07 PM »
Hello!
My name is Denise, I'm 22 years old and live in Austria. I just discovered the world of Stargate not long ago. Actually started to watch it after I have seen Sanctuary and fell in love with Amanda Tapping  ;D So since I was too late for AT10 in the UK to meet Amanda - I found out about Gatecon and I thought "Yeah, why not?" So here I am, bought the gold ticket and travel alone to Canada since none of my friends have the time or the money. Actually I'm freaking scared to travel alone, but I want to do this so badly for myself, meet my idol and of course to meet other fans like me! I will stay 11 days, plan a trip to Vancouver Island before the Con and after the Con I'll be in Vancouver Downtown  - that's the plan yet. So if anyone is there alone too - let me know haha I could need a companion there :D It will be my first con ever and I'm excited to meet you all!
Big hugs
Denise <3
PS: If somone has Twitter - you can also contact me there under the name: Moonlight1012  ;)

Hi Denise,
Welcome to the group. A lot of us travel alone then meet up when we get to Vancouver. You are going to love it! I have dinner on the go for Wednesday night. You are most welcome to join us. There is a thread about it somewhere on this forum. Also as we get closer to the date there will be lots of events to go somewhere or do something. Keep your eyes peeled.
More to come. 😃

Hi Atlantia!
Thank you for the welcome! :) I read about your dinner after I wrote this post here. It sounds good to me, but I'm not sure I would make it this day since I plan to stay in Vancouver Island for 3 days and return back to Richmond on Wednesday - at least that's how I plan it :) But I read Richard will maybe arrange something about a tour at the filmset on Thursday. If so - I hope to join there then. And yes, will keep my eyes open! ;)
« Last post by Atlantia on November 03, 2017, 10:59:32 PM »
Hello!
Big hugs
Denise <3

Hi Denise,
More to come. 😃
« Last post by Denise1012 on November 02, 2017, 12:27:18 PM »
Hello!
Big hugs
Denise <3
Getting Around Vancouver & Beyond / Butchart Gardens - Discount for Gategoers
« Last post by Richard on October 22, 2017, 07:15:44 AM »

If you are planning on a trip to Vancouver Island then why not include the wonderful Butchart Gardens in your travel itinerary.

Gategoers will receive a 10% discount on the entry fees upon presentation of your convention pass at the entrance (if visiting before the con show them your ticket confirmation email).

Do check their website HERE as the opening hours tend to change right around the time of the convention. At the time of writing the entry fee, before discount, is $32.60.

The Gatecon discount is valid between 7-22 September 2018.

The Gardens have requested that we include their Garden Etiquette document on here:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10