Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Invasion 2018 / Re: Gatecon Ticket Types & Prices 2018
« Last post by Richard on September 17, 2017, 05:26:24 AM »
Hi Krisz,
It will really depend on whether we have already reached capacity by then selling full weekend tickets.
« Last post by Krisz on September 16, 2017, 05:56:29 PM »
Will we be able to purchase day passes at all? I'm not sure if I can attend on the Friday due to the con happening during a busy time at work and I'm not sure if I can get time off.
Our Guest List / Re: Guest Chat
« Last post by Krisz on September 16, 2017, 05:43:48 PM »
Awesome guest list as always, I love meeting the lovely people who entertained me so much over the years. It really is like meeting old friends again each time. I love hearing about what latest projects they are doing and we still get some gems of memories when they remember an event during their time on Stargate they may not have recounted before.

Any SGU guests we get is a nice bonus for me (Louis Ferreira is someone I'd love to meet), strangely enough there are some of us weird folk that really liked SGU......shock....horror....  ;D  :P!!
Latest News / Re: FLIGHTS
« Last post by Gatespin2018 on September 16, 2017, 05:28:37 PM »
I've been contemplating about flying to Seattle on Southwest (I should have enough points for a RT by then) and then take the train from Seattle to Vancouver.  Any suggestions?

I was contemplating the same scenario with airlines, but the train schedule overlaps flights. It's the same flying into Portland to catch the Amtrak Cascades into Vancouver. :(
Latest News / Re: FLIGHTS
« Last post by PamK1950 on September 16, 2017, 04:11:07 PM »
I've been contemplating about flying to Seattle on Southwest (I should have enough points for a RT by then) and then take the train from Seattle to Vancouver.  Any suggestions?
« Last post by PamK1950 on September 16, 2017, 03:57:25 PM »
Submitted a transfer via TransferWise for the next two payments on my Platinum ticket.  It was a piece of cake since the info was saved in my account with them.  Transfer is schedule to go through on Monday, the 18th.  Thanks for introducing me to this fantastic service ♥♥♥♥
Gategoers at The Invasion / Re: Meet-a-Gater
« Last post by Krisz on September 16, 2017, 03:51:08 PM »
Here I am Atlantia, just to reassure you I haven't gated to the planet with the black hole!

Great to see so many new people, welcome all and hopefully I get to meet some, if not all of you.  :)
Gategoers at The Invasion / Re: Pre-convention get-together (unofficial)
« Last post by Krisz on September 16, 2017, 03:37:38 PM »
As always I love going to get togethers before cons. At the moment I can't commit due to it being the busy time at work. A drive to Richmond and back home after a long day at work and up again early after a late night out during the work week is something this old bird is not good at any more!

If the situation changes over the next year, and there is still a space nearer the time I'm in!  :)

Getting Around Vancouver & Beyond / Prince of Whales tours - Discount for Gategoers
« Last post by Richard on September 16, 2017, 11:05:56 AM »

Prince of Whales whale watching tours are once again offering a discount for Gategoers.

Enter the promo code Gatecon2018 (one word, non case sensitive) at check out when booking on their website and you will automatically receive a 10% discount on any Prince of Whales operated tour out of Vancouver or Victoria.

Why not combine your Victoria whale watching with a Gategoers discounted seaplane flight from Vancouver with Harbour Air.

The promo code can be used from now until September 22nd 2018, but the discount will only apply to tours taking place between September 7th-22nd 2018.

Online bookings are preferred but if you wish to book over the phone please be sure to spell out the promo code so the agent knows to apply the discount.

Prince of Whales Website for bookings
Tel: 1.888.383 4884

About Prince of Whales

With our 13 vessels, locations in both Victoria and Vancouver, and close to 100 staff in peak season, Prince of Whales is one of the largest whale watching and eco-adventure companies in British Columbia. As such, we are proud to be a leader in responsible whale watching and to have served as teaching platforms for whale research.

We are committed to customer service excellence from the moment we welcome you as our guest to the time we wave good-bye. Our team of guest service guides are Worldhost trained and certified; meaning, we are dedicated to doing everything we can to ensure that your time with Prince of Whales is nothing short of spectacular. In order to make your time with us more enjoyable, we try simplify things rather than complicate them, we will guide you rather than direct you, and finally we will provide you with enough time on the water to really relax and enjoy the viewing experience.

From the very beginning, we have been committed to hiring only the best guides. Some of our earliest staff members are still with us and have set the tone for the quality of our tours. To this day we operate above and beyond Transport Canada crewing regulations to ensure your experience with us is always a personal one.

As an industry front-runner, Prince of Whales is committed to safe, environmentally conscientious whale watching. We work with other members of the eco-tourism industry to continue conservation efforts, and to make sure that the whales’ habitat remains pristine for years to come.

Prince of Whales Website for bookings
Tel: 1.888.383 4884

Getting Around Vancouver & Beyond / Vancouver Aquarium - Discount for Gategoers
« Last post by Richard on September 16, 2017, 10:39:03 AM »

Vancouver Aquarium will be offering Gategoers a 10% discount on admission charges, probably in the form of a coupon in your Welcome Pack.

"A sanctuary in the heart of Stanley Park, the Vancouver Aquarium, an Ocean Wise ® initiative, is home to thousands of incredible ocean species and amazing aquatic life. It’s also Ocean Wise headquarters, where our scientists, educators and conservation experts do their work, not only to protect our oceans but to inspire others to join us in our mission.

Since opening in 1956, the Vancouver Aquarium has connected more than 40 million people from around the world to our oceans and all the wonders within them.

Our 1,500 staff and volunteers are deeply committed to protecting our oceans. We wanted to highlight our commitments to ocean conservation, our animal care practices and our amazing people who work hard every day to conserve our natural world."

Ocean Wise
Overfishing is one of the biggest threats our oceans face today. The Ocean Wise symbol next to a seafood item is our assurance of an ocean-friendly seafood choice.

With over 700 Ocean Wise partners with thousands of locations across Canada, the Ocean Wise seafood program makes it easy for consumers to make sustainable seafood choices that ensure the health of our oceans for generations to come.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10