Author Topic: Gatecon Ticket Types & Prices 2018  (Read 11290 times)

Krisz

• Staff Sgt.
    • View Profile
Re: Gatecon Ticket Types & Prices 2018
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2017, 05:56:29 PM »
Will we be able to purchase day passes at all? I'm not sure if I can attend on the Friday due to the con happening during a busy time at work and I'm not sure if I can get time off.

Richard

• Gatecon Co-organiser
  • Forum Administrator
  • Lieutenant General
  • Absolutely Everybodys' favourite convention!
    • View Profile
    • Gatecon
« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2017, 05:26:24 AM »
Hi Krisz,
It will really depend on whether we have already reached capacity by then selling full weekend tickets.
Absolutely Everybody’s at Gatecon

The following users thanked this post: Krisz

ATfan

• Airman
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2017, 03:52:25 PM »
Warning to ticket buyers:  I will not use Transferwise ever again.  I used it as we were told we would get a discount on the Gatecon tickets.  However, unlike Paypal, it was treated as a cash advance on my credit card.  I was not aware of this.  In addition to Transferwise's fee, I was charged a credit card fee and interest on the "cash advance".  No savings at all. 

The following users thanked this post: Gatespin2018

PamK1950

• Chief Master Sgt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2017, 12:58:09 AM »
Warning to ticket buyers:  I will not use Transferwise ever again.  I used it as we were told we would get a discount on the Gatecon tickets.  However, unlike Paypal, it was treated as a cash advance on my credit card.  I was not aware of this.  In addition to Transferwise's fee, I was charged a credit card fee and interest on the "cash advance".  No savings at all.

I used my bank card and wasn't charged anything extra by my bank when I used Transferwise.  (There was a $3 fee charged by Transferwise, but that was something I was aware of).  ATfan, I noticed that you're from Canada. I'm from the US, so maybe that could be the difference.
PamK

Atlantia

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 24, 2017, 07:42:29 AM »

I used my bank card and wasn't charged anything extra by my bank when I used Transferwise.  (There was a $3 fee charged by Transferwise, but that was something I was aware of).  ATfan, I noticed that you're from Canada. I'm from the US, so maybe that could be the difference.

That happened to me also. My credit card treated it like a cash withdrawal and slugged me a $18 Aus fee plus the transferwise fee. I will have to think of another way to pay. 🤔
The brightest light is invisible, it shines through your deeds and warms the Universe.

Gatespin2018

• Airman
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 26, 2017, 12:28:13 PM »
Can you give us an estimated date for the banquet tickets to go on sale? After Sept 18, I won't have stable internet for a few days.

I've returned from my business trip. I'm ready for banquet ticket sales and learning the date of the film location tour(Richard mentioned it could possibly moved to Thursday Sept 13, 2018)

Highlander II

• Kraken
  • Colonel
  • There can be only one!
    • View Profile
    • Highlander II's Medium-sized Kingdom
« Reply #111 on: September 26, 2017, 01:48:33 PM »
I've returned from my business trip. I'm ready for banquet ticket sales and learning the date of the film location tour(Richard mentioned it could possibly moved to Thursday Sept 13, 2018)

Neither of these have been announced yet. It'll go up somewhere very visible when it happens.

Krisz

• Staff Sgt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2017, 10:34:46 AM »
Hi Krisz,
It will really depend on whether we have already reached capacity by then selling full weekend tickets.

Thank you for the info Richard. This year didn't seem so busy at work as last year so I'll probably take the chance that it will be ok to take the Friday off at least and go for it and buy a ticket. I would find it hard to miss Gatecon if weekend tickets aren't available nearer the time. Good though for Gatecon, you have a full house!!!  :)

PamK1950

• Chief Master Sgt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 10, 2017, 08:56:15 PM »
Just checked on Tranferwise - the payment for the remaining money due on my ticket was processed today.  YAY!!!!  Now all I have to do is safe up for the flight, hotel, food, photo ops and autographs  :) ;)
PamK

The following users thanked this post: Fryn

Fryn

• First Lieutenant
  • Gatecon Co-organiser
    • View Profile
    • Gatecon
« Reply #114 on: October 12, 2017, 03:55:26 PM »
Exciting times, Pam!

Gatespin2018

• Airman
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 18, 2017, 12:28:31 PM »
Received the email announcing row/seat assignments shortly :)

Richard

• Gatecon Co-organiser
  • Forum Administrator
  • Lieutenant General
  • Absolutely Everybodys' favourite convention!
    • View Profile
    • Gatecon
« Reply #116 on: November 14, 2017, 04:14:21 PM »
Absolutely Everybody’s at Gatecon